KOLT supports the academic and professional development of graduate students and assists in all matters that will promote their teaching. Our resources and consultation sessions help TAs deliver more effective lectures, lab, discussion, or problem sessions.
If you would like to arrange a one-on-one consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-on-one consultation sessions are provided for the following areas:
- Feedback on videotaped classroom activities
- Preparing for the first day of class
- Preparing the learning materials for students
- Preparing a lesson plan
- Classroom management
- Motivating Students
- Generating discussion in the class
- Methods to promote active engagement of students
- Teaching tips that are expected to have immediate positive impact on learning
- Dealing with cheating and plagiarism