KOLT organizes conversation circles and reading & writing circles to improve graduate students’ language skills. All circles are limited to 7 students, on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are required to sign up each week for their preferred time slot.
The aims of conversation circles are:
- To improve students’ speaking and comprehension skills
- To help students practice conversational English and other languages in a relaxed and friendly environment
- To facilitate communication and enhance learning and teaching in the international environment
- To develop TA’s confidence while speaking, reading, and writing in English
- To decrease students’ anxiety about speaking English and other languages in social situations.
The purpose of reading and writing circles is to improve graduate students skills on:
- academic and non-academic materials
- overall structure of a reading passage
- correct use of grammar and vocabulary
- writing correct sentences in English
- organizing good paragraphs and essays
Please click to see up-to-date schedules for Conversation Circles and Reading & Writing Circles.