What is KOLT TIG?
Every semester, KOLT provides Teaching Innovation Grants to the faculty members who would like to experiment with any of the following items:
- Preparing a new COURSERA course (a massive open online course);
- Course design that uses educational technologies (course videos, online quizzes, clickers, vPads, wikis, blogs, podcasts, e-portfolios and social media) to develop online supplementary course resources, online assessment methods, collaborative activities on Blackboard or Moodle (Koç University Learning Management Systems);
- Course design that promotes “flipped classroom” by using Blackboard or Moodle;
- Joint teaching projects within Koç University or with external partners to start interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary faculty collaboration;
- Course design that promotes active learning and critical thinking;
- Curriculum enhancements by faculty from different departments: qualitative and quantitative evaluation (survey, focus groups, interviews and observations) of courses in terms of learning outcomes, content, delivery and assessment to strengthen the link among sequence of courses;
- Any innovative solution to the problems raised in the mid-semester course evaluation of the faculty applying for the grant.
Each semester, we support up to 6 proposals.