For Student Tutors
Tutoring at KOLT
- Tutors come to KOLT three times a week for 75 minute blocks.
- Tutoring Center Schedule is determined in respect to our tutors’ weekly programs.
- KOLT tutoring prioritizes the development of independent learning skills in students to help them to be self-directing learners and expects tutors to perform their tutoring in line with KOLT’s priorities.
- KOLT tutors should assume the role of facilitator, peer learner, teacher and employee and act properly and diligently to fulfill their responsibilities regarding each role.
How to Be a Tutor
- Students should have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, and must have received a grade of “A-“ or above in the course(s) they will tutor, or in comparable courses.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must agree to abide by all University Policies
- Students should be well qualified to communicate their knowledge in the field.
- Please make your applications for Tutorship position at KOLT Tutoring Center through Work and Study program.
- If it is the first time you are applying for a tutorship position, please send an email to email@example.com stating the course you want to be the tutor of, the grade you received and the semester you took the course a month before the academic semester begins.
- After tutor have applied we will get their approval from the department chair and/or proffessor for the courses they wish to tutor.
- Selected tutors will sign a tutor contract and attend tutor orientation.