A Conversation Moderator works with 1 to 6 participants. Circles meet for 1 hour a week during the semester, or more often if the participants so wish. The conversation circles are moderated by selected exchange students at Koc University. The moderators help organize the circles and participate in all meetings of a group. The moderators are trained by KOLT.
The KOLT Conversation Circles provide students with the opportunity to:
- Improve their speaking and comprehension skills
- Practice conversational English in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Meet students from different majors and build a social network
- Develop their confidence when speaking
- Decrease their anxiety for speaking English in social situations
How to participate?
All undergraduate students at Koc University can join. KOLT especially encourages ELC students, freshmen and sophomores. Interested students may come to the KOLT (Library Z06), call (0212) 338 1416 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Spring 2018 Conversation Circles Schedule
Participation to CC at KOLT is free of charge. Students can join as many circles as they want. In Fall 2017 more than a hundred student participated conversation circles. Most of the students participated in the circles reported that the circles helped them build confidence in speaking English. Interested students may come to the KOLT (Library Z06), call 1468 or send e-mail to email@example.com.